Thursday 24 May 2012

Life's Short



The time distance between life and death is immeasurable
Yes, a doctor can say that it will take two years for a cancer patient to live
How many days, hours, or minutes more does the person have to live?
I think technology has made it possible to predict some of these variables.
How many seconds will it yet take a person to live before he finally dies
How many heartbeats do YOU have until that final beat?
There is no measurement for that split second between being alive and being dead
That awfully short distance between life and death chills me to my bones
It only means that anyone can die at any time
You could see a man crossing a road one moment
And at the blink your eye, he could be laying lifeless by that same road, having been run over by a moving vehicle
To you, the time it took for you to blink was the difference between life and death
To the dead man, the time difference is too short to be measured
Just like snapping a pencil in two
What's the time difference between a pencil in its whole state and that same pencil in its snapped state?
 I guess we can liken this to the essence of our much-valued lives
After all, we are nothing but pencils in the hand of our creator.

And what is the moral of the story?
Appreciate life
Make the best use of it
Your life is a gift from God
The only way u know u are treat a gift right
Is when you know that the giver is pleased with the way you treat it
If I wrote every thing that encompasses the extent of our underutilization of this gift of life,
It wouldn't be satiated by all the paper and ink in the world
Again, life is too short to waste it on minute arguments
Life is too short to lose certain things you would have gained from that person
at that moment you chose not to talk to him or her
Sometimes I wonder to myself
"imagine what you would have gained from each other if u weren't keeping malice"
Yeah, Call me an opportunist
But I know you know its just plain fact.


Another question that comes to my mind as I write this is "Does life become death?". Is death simply the absence of life…just as darkness substantiates the absence of light?
I held up two of my fingers one from each hand. I labeled one finger "life"  and the other "death". I held them apart,  assuming that the gap I created between them was the initial distance between being born and dying. Life and death. As we live our lives, we move closer to death. Death does not come close to us! We actually do move closer to death! Little wonder that they say "we 'live' our lives"… and people 'meet their deaths'. Okay, :) … that was some sort of digression… back to the main story; So I slowly brought my two fingers to meet each other. And then I wondered if it was possible that life actually went into death and then death, into life such that life became death and life never went away. It really is just some random thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment